I think it has to be one of THE most ridiculously conservative schools in the world. EVER Check out their Residence Hall Life webpage!!
this makes for good entertainment:
- Freshmen may request a roommate. Other students are allowed one request for a friend to be in their
prayer group, on their hall, or in their residence hall, but not in their room. (specific, aren't they?)
- Students are required to be in their own rooms and quiet at 11 pm. All lights must be out by midnight. (my 4 year old cousin stays up later than that...)
- Due to the flood of objectionable content coming through outside email services, students may use only the filtered campus email system.
- Posters of movie and music stars and fashion models are not permitted. (wow my room would fail inspection miserably)
- Music must be compatible with the University's music standards:
- New Age, jazz, rock, and country music is not permitted.
- Contemporary Christian music is not permitted (e.g., Michael W. Smith, Stephen Curtis Chapman,
WOW Worship, and so forth). (guess contemporary Christian music is too mainstream for them...)
- Televisions and DVD/videocassette players are not permitted in the residence halls; computer DVD players
may not be used to view movies. (so basically you spend all your time reading the bible and praying...?)
- Residence hall students may not watch videos above a G rating when visiting homes in town and may not
attend movie theaters. (oh come ON. Even some Disney movies are rated higher than G...)
- Students may bring automobiles to campus. However, underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) who are under 21 years old may use their vehicles only to drive home
Elyse: GOD WILL KNOW
Wendy: does god = high tech tracking device?
Elyse: and Jesus = big brother
Wendy: that would make for one hell of a reality show
if you thought that was bad....check out their dress code