well look at that....it's headed straight for me.... -_-
My mom called me, frantic, telling me to stock up on water, canned goods, and gas. And since I'm a good girl, I listened to my mom. <start rant> Here are some numbers for you:
- 30. The number of minutes I waited in line at the gas station to fill up
- 4. The number of stores I went to before I could find one that wasn't stripped bare of all food/water/toilet paper.
- 80. The number of bottles of water in my garage
- 12. The number of gallon-jugs of water in my garage
- 20. The number of minutes I waited in line at Wal-Mart to buy said water.
- 3.5 The number of hours it normally takes to drive from Houston to Dallas.
- 30. The number of hours it took my friend to drive from Houston to Dallas yesterday night (no joke)
- 2. The number of jammed highways to get from College Station to Dallas. (also the number of ALL available highways leading from College Station to Dallas)
- 1. The number of tests I have on Sunday.
- 3. The number of Houston families seeking refuge at my house in Dallas
- 6. The number of people sleeping on the floor of my room.
I hope I'm just building this all up in my head.....
EDIT: just got word that Rita is now a category 5 hurricane. A reminder that Katrina was also a category 5.......
now I'm scared and want to go home :(